We understand that a railroad only runs as smoothly as the cars it deploys.
Whether your railcars or locomotives need repairs, maintenance, cleaning, or sandblasting and painting, our repair facilities provide quality workmanship and timely service.
At Northern Plains Rail Services, we understand the value of keeping rail cars in service, earning revenue and out of the repair shop. Our car shops are AAR. M1003 certified, and our skilled staff are proven in performing work to meet AAR. standards, efficiently and safely. Plus, we provide free inspections and estimates.
For customers who are unable to release their railcars to our shops, we employ fully equipped service units that can perform a variety of field repairs. We have resources to operate within several hundred miles from our facilities and serve clients throughout North Dakota, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Manitoba, Alberta and Saskatchewan.
North Dakota Facilities:
- Our 10,000 square foot car facility in Fordville, ND, features a machine and fabrication shop as well as a large parts inventory, sand blasting shop and paint booth in order to provide a seamless car prepping and painting cycle.
- Our location at Lansford, ND, provides preventative maintenance and mobile repairs.
- With a great central location, our brand new, state of the art rail car repair facility in Grand Forks, ND, offers a significant advantage to shippers. This modernized location also offers transload services, rail car storage, and specialty switching.
- Our facility in Duluth, MN, offers several general mobile repair services, including repairs or replacement for outlet gates, hatch covers or safety equipment, derailment service and any type of welding.
- Our Erskine, MN, facility encompasses a car repair shop, an enclosed sandblasting building, a full service paint shop, and a large inventory of parts and weather proof material.
- The site at Randolph, MN, is located off the Progressive Railroad (Cannon Valley Railroad) near the north edge of Randolph. Our equipped repair track and mobile repair unit offers a variety of services to all types of rail cars.
- Alberta Midland Railway Terminal – CNPRS is a co-developer and operator of a rail car storage and mobile repair facility to be built in Alberta’s Industrial Heartland near Lamont, Alberta.
Mobile Field Units:
- For customers who are unable to release their railcars to our shops, we employ fully equipped Mobile Service Units, that can perform a variety of field repairs including repairs to tank car service equipment. We have resources to operate within several hundred miles from our facilities and serve customers throughout North Dakota, Minnesota, Montana, South Dakota, Wisconsin, southern Manitoba, Alberta and Saskatchewan.